- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Egg whites
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 pound walnuts
- 1 pound pecans (you can use all pecans or walnuts or many other nuts if you want)
1. Take all your dry ingredients except the nuts and mix them up in medium bowl.
2. In a large bowl, whisk up the egg whites with a tiny bit of water until it’s frothy, but not stiff at all. Then toss in the walnuts/pecans and stir really well so the nuts are very evenly coated.
3. Add in the sugar/spice mixture and stir until the nuts are very evenly coated.
4. Lay the nuts out on two baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake at 300 degrees for maybe 15-20 minutes. Give them a stir every five minutes or so and keep a close eye on them. When they are done, let them cool and break them up into bite-size chunks. Try not to eat them all immediately.
Makes 2 pounds of nuts. You could easily half it, but why?